WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP RETU ACHIEVE ITS VISION OF RESTORING WORLD CLASS SALMON AND STEELHEAD FISHING IN THE REDWOOD EMPIRE?
1) Reestablish a run of 50,000 wild steelhead and 10,100 wild coho in the Russian by 2040.
2) Establish enforceable water budgets for the River's tributaries. Determine water inflow minus diversions and amount left over for instream flow for wildlife to insure restoration flows for tributary salmonid fishery.
3) Manage releases from Warm Springs and Coyote Dams according to the natural hydrograph in the Winter months.
4) Establish 100 foot setbacks from the watershed's blue line streams and 200 foot setback from the mainstem as recommended by Sonoma County Planning and the Citizen Advisory Committee in the General Plan 2020 process.
5) Build the pipeline from Lake Sonoma to the SCWA water distribution system at Wohler to reestablish natural flow in Dry Creek and the Middle Reach part of a Dry Creek Watershed Habitat Conservation Plan. Eliminate the SCWA dam at Wohler.
6) Accelerate the TMDL process on the Russian River to eliminate its 7 impairments using the Garcia River TMDL as a model: sediment, temperature, nutrients, conductivity, pathogens, low DO and mercury.
7) Develop a Sediment Budget for the Russian River watershed and eliminate instream gravel mining in the Russian River in Critical Habitat within the 200 foot riparian zone setback from the Main Stem and 100 foot setback zone in the tributaries.
8) Eliminate direct and indirect waste water discharges to the Russian River mainstem and tributary Critical Habitat in favor of conservation and reuse.
9) Manage the Willow Creek watershed as a wild Coho Salmon sanctuary to eventually provide wild brood stock to reseed other restored Russian River tributaries using hatch boxes.
10) Develop an Estuary Management Plan from Austin Creek downstream including the tributary watersheds in this reach and eliminate artificial breaching of the Russian River Estuary by elevating the 8 properties that “flood”.